Recovering a Venmo account might be a challenging task because they are very serious about their privacy. On top of that, if you do not have your phone with you, it will be even more challenging. Anyone can lose their phone and phone number, blocking their access to Venmo. The worst part is if you need to remember your password, it will be much more troublesome to get into your Venmo account. This article will discuss how to recover Venmo account without phone number.
How to Recover Venmo Account?
Getting your Venmo account back if you’ve forgotten your password is related to the topic of recovering the account. Passwords can be compromised if you forget them. To ensure that your account is not threatened, you should alter the password as quickly as possible. Follow these steps to change your password.
- Before entering your password, click on “Forgot Password.”
- Fill in the mail address or phone number you have used to register your account with.
- On your phone number or email address, you will get a link that will help you to reset your password once you tap on it.
- Upon clicking the link, it will take you to the window to create a new password.
- Also, choose a password with a minimum of 8 characters and a mixture of different symbols so that no one else can get into your account.
Ensure that you have noted down your new password in a secure place so that if you forget, you do not have to reset the password every time.
How to Recover Venmo Account if the Reset Link Does not Arrive?
The reset link arrives after a couple of minutes. It takes some time for headquarters at Venmo to authenticate your email address or phone number with your Venmo account. Once they are successful with the verification, you will receive the link. Even after a few minutes, if the link does not arrive, click “Resend code” and wait for some time. If that also does not work, means you could have given an incorrect phone number or email address. Go through the email’s junk or spam sections to see if the mail has arrived as spam.
How to Recover Venmo Account if the Reset Link Goes to Another Number?
This is a very challenging situation any Venmo user who needs to remember their password can come across. You must receive the reset link to access your account for now. If you see that the reset link is going to another phone number, then it means that you may have entered your number incorrectly. Suppose the number associated with your Venmo account belongs to someone else.
In that case, they will get the link but cannot get any access to your account. Once you get into your account, using your phone number and resetting the password for added security is best. However, before requesting a new resent link, update your number, so the other person is not troubled.
How to Recover Venmo Account Without Phone Number?
You can recover your Venmo account without a phone number but using just your email address. For that, all you have to do is enter the mail address associated with your Venmo account. The mail address needs to be correct and to work, or else you cannot reset your password.
- From the login page, press “Forgot Password.”
- This will take you to the page where you must enter your mail address connected to your Venmo account.
- Once done, head over to your email and find the mail with the password reset link attached.
- Click on the link, which will lead you to the window which will be used to reset the password.
- Your password has been reset, and that is how you can recover your Venmo account without a phone number.
How to Recover Venmo Account With a Stolen Phone?
In case you lost your phone, you should take care of your Venmo account first. This means that you should revoke your phone’s access to your Venmo account in the instant. To revoke, follow these steps –
- Log in to your Venmo account from any device that you accessed with your account earlier.
- If you do not have a known device to use to log in, then you have to confirm your identity using some other way so that you can log in.
- If you do not remember the password, click “Forgot Password.”
- Revoke all the accesses to open sessions of your account except for the one you are currently in.
- To be safe, it is a good idea to change your Venmo account password so that none of your private information gets compromised.
In case you still cannot log in to your account, consult the Venmo Support team from your account’s email address. Send them the associated phone number and all the details of your stolen or lost phone.
Venmo Article, You May Like
- 45+ Top Stores That Accept Venmo QR Codes
- (4 Ways) How Do I Know If My Venmo Payment Went Through?
- Can You Add Money to Venmo Card at ATM? Answered
When you are in a crisis regarding your phone, you will search for how to recover Venmo account without phone number. It is easy if you remember your password and the email address associated with your Venmo account. If you remember both of them, it will be easy to log in to your account. It is not a good idea to open a new Venmo account as you cannot do so with your number. Always consult the Venmo support team, who can help you with whatever you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
From your Venmo app’s settings, tap “Account” and then go to “Phone Number.” You can change your phone number by entering the new number and then verifying it.
It is necessary that you have to verify your phone number to open a Venmo account. Regardless of a personal or business profile, the phone number is crucial. With it, you will be able to open a Venmo account.
➢Logging in from a new device
➢On the login page, enter your username, email address, ESS, or old phone number together with your password.
➢Look for a section such as Additional possibilities to validate your identity or I don’t have access to this phone click on the link for an alternative means to authenticate your identity.
You have to meet these four requirements to use Venmo
➢You have to be present in the United States.
➢In the United States, you need a cell phone that can send and receive text messages and short codes and this phone number can not be on file with another Venmo account.
➢The minimum age is 18.
➢7.38.2 is the most recent version of the Venmo app that needs to operate.